January 2012, I published another annual, Climate Change Adaptation in 2011: A Selection of Writings, Blog Posts, and Links
October 2011, ”Insurance, Cognitive Bias, and the Struggle Against Climate Risks,” The John Liner Review, Fall 2011, volume 25, No. 3.
September 21, 2011, “Power Struggle: Who Should Own Boulder’s Electricty?” on the ecomagination site.
August 4, 2011, “Insurance against climate change?,” Ag Week.
August 1, 2011, “Climate Change & the Future – When You Know Trouble is Coming,” Green Energy News, Volume 16, No. 20.
- This article also appeared in Law 360 on August 4, 2011.
- This article also appeared in EHM Legal on August 1, 2011.
- This article also appeared in Opposing Views on July 29, 2011
- This article also appeared in Triple Pundit on July 29, 2011
August 2011, “Climate change lethargy feels like era before financial collapse,” Palm Beach Post.
June 27, 2011,“Can Insurance Save Us from Climate Change,” Property Casualty 360.
- This article also appeared in Greentech Enterprise under the title, ” Is Climate Change a Disaster for the Insurance Industry?” on June 23, 2011.
- This article also appeared in the Life and Health Advisor in June, 2011.
- This article also appeared in Terrain.org on June 21, 2011.
- This article also appeared in Tampa Bay Online on June 20, 2011.
- This article also appeared in Canada East.com, the Telegraph Journal, and the Times & Transcript (pages no longer available).
September 2010… I consulted with Pricewaterhouse Coopers for the S&P 500 report of the Carbon Disclosure Project
January 2010… I served as a consulting editor for a book, “Climate Change Adaptation in New York City: Building a Risk Management Response,” published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.
May 2009… I helped draft the scenarios for Rising Waters, a multistakeholder scenarios effort focused on climate change adaptation in the Hudson Valley.The final report is now completed and available here.
November 2008… Cut carbon emissions and save money right away? It can be done, as explained in a Climate Biz column. Regarding Emissions Trading & Carbon Taxes — a column.
July 2008 … Carbon taxes are so much better than emissions trading for cutting greenhouse gases, and yet politically cap-and trade is the winner. Find out why at Climate Biz.
May 2008…Reviews of two books on climate and energy in the New Leader magazine: James Gustave Speth’s The Bridge at the Edge of the World: Capitalism, the Environment and Crossing from Crisis to Sustainability, plus Robert Bryce’s Gusher of Lies: The Dangerous Delusions of Energy Independence.
January 2008… “The Road from Bali: Business Opportunities and Obstacles Surrounding Climate Change,” a brochure from Edelman
September 2007… Institutional Investor magazine, “Companies Report on CSR Performance”
September 2005…”Protecting your carbon asset,” a chapter (co-written written with Chris Walker) in The Finance of Climate Change: A Guide for Governments, Corporations and Investors, edited by K. Tang